Saturday, November 09, 2013

Captivity

I always find my opinion is divided on the role of Zoos and animals in captivity. Throughout my life, I have enjoyed visiting Zoos and even seeing Dolphins and Killer Whales in Windsor Safari Park. I understand from a conservation angle, I see the benefit and as a sanctuary for animals that are unable to exist in the wild due to the circumstances of the animals. If a chimp has been performing on the streets of Thailand after being stolen from his parents, or bears that have been badly treated.
I watched Blackfish and the activity of Sea World is something I was aware of, but the stuff that goes on is just cruel, and cannot be sustained. It has no place in the world today, and they shouldn't be supported.

This is my first attempt at conveying my opinion of the treatment of Killer Whales, being kept in small tanks and locked away, being subjected to physical and mental abuse and lots more.

No comments: